Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What I learned from others projects.

The first peer’s page, which I learned a lot from, is Rachael’s study about cancer, and how cell phones affect one’s likelihood of developing cancer. I had never considered that text messaging would decrease the likelihood. I found that to be very intriguing. I also found her link to the “facts you need to know about cancer” page to be very interesting as well. The fact that one in three people will contract cancer highly concerns me because I did not realize it was that frequent. Nor was I aware that the number of cases of breast cancer as greatly increased in recent years. I would like to look more into what contributes to this increase.
The second peer’s page I reviewed was Matt’s study on the American Psyche. I thoroughly enjoyed his final project and watched it several times. While it seems like it should be common sense, it never occurred to me that the Bush Administration could be responsible for the new psyche of “change”, but it is very true! Also, the portion of the American Psyche documentary we watched in preparation for Paul Van Den Boom’s conference was very intriguing to me because living in a state on the east coast, it never really occurs to us how the mindset of Americans might differ. We have this sort of ideal that all Americans feel that same about our nation, but in reality that is not the case at all.
The third page I reviewed was Kate’s study on gay rights in Iran. I had never even considered what gay rights could be like in other countries. We are so caught up in our domestic disputes over gay rights that we never hear anything of such disputes in other countries. I was horrified to learn of how homosexuals are executed in Iran. It’s remarkable that these cruel acts against humanity are not ever voiced in our American news programs or anything. Also, I found her fact about how gay rights are not believed in, yet sex changes are legal. I was really surprised at how unaware I was of this situation. It makes a person feel ignorant.

No comments: