Monday, December 1, 2008

Future of Music

I also listened to a podcast reading of The Future of Music by David Kusek. I listened to the first two chapters, in which he discussed the way he envisions the future to be based on the technological outlook so far. He then continues to discuss how the internet and other modern technologies have changed the way music is distributed in a "massively disruptive sea change". In this change, instead of distributing music through a retail store, which can only carry a limited number of titles, the internet allows for infinite number of titles and artists. Kusek compares the internet's effect on the music industry as being very similar to that of the televisions initial effect on the film industry. It seems to me that Kusek has a rather unbiased view on the internet's effect on the music industry and fairly presented both sides.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

WOW JOE! I used the same book in my blog! That's so funny! What are the chances of that!?!?! I think he has a lot of good stuff to say don't you. I found your post about the first two chapters to be very interesting and I will be sure to check them out myself. I hope you are well.

Charlie Davis